Environmental Health Program
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County through our Environmental Health programs, licenses and inspects a number of community businesses, organizations, and public locations to better protect the health of all our residents and visitors.
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) regulates one million professionals and businesses across some 200 licensee categories. The department licenses one in sixteen Floridians, ranging from electricians to real estate agents, from cosmetologists to professional boxers. Other department-regulated areas include hotels, restaurants, alcohol and tobacco retailers, condominiums and mobile home parks. DBPR''s mission is to ensure that professions and businesses provide quality services for the health, safety and welfare of citizens and visitors in the great state of Florida.
DBPR's Division of Hotels and Restaurants (H & R) licenses, inspects and regulates public lodging and food service establishments in Florida. The mission of the division is to protect the health and safety of the public through education in partnership with industry.
DBPR Regulates and Inspects
- Mobile food carts
- Some temporary events
- Apartments over 5 units
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
The mission of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DOACS) is to safeguard the public and support Florida's agricultural economy by:
- Ensuring the safety and wholesomeness of food and other consumer products through inspection and testing programs;
- Protecting consumers from unfair and deceptive business practices and providing consumer information;
- Assisting Florida's farmers and agricultural industries with the production and promotion of agricultural products; and
- Conserving and protecting the state's resources by reducing wildfires, promoting environmentally safe agricultural practices, and managing public lands.
DOACS Regulates and Inspects
- Grocery stores
- Food processors
- Fast food associated with gas stations