The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas) takes part in Zero Pinellas, a community partnership to reduce new HIV cases. It also works with the agencies in the Pinellas Planning Partnership to provide testing and resources for HIV-positive people.
DOH-Pinellas is also providing an important weapon in the fight against new HIV cases at the St. Petersburg clinic, 205 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. N., and the MidCounty clinic, 8751 Ulmerton Rd., Largo. It’s called PrEP.
- ICYMI - The FLORIDA DEPARTMENT of HEALTH RECOGNIZES WORLD AIDS DAY
- Florida Surgeon General Announces New Agency Leadership
- December 1 is World AIDS Day
- Diabetes - Do You Know the U.S. Numbers?
- Governor DeSantis' Bolder, Brighter, Better Future Budget Will Keep Floridians Healthy
- PINELLAS PARK HEALTH CENTER TO CLOSE FOR MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- PREPARE TO WELCOME IN A SMOKE-FREE 2020 AS YOU QUIT YOUR WAY
- NO-COST HIV TESTS AT DOH-PINELLAS DEC. 2
- MAKE YOUR HOLIDAYS FLU-FREE: NO-COST FLU SHOTS AT DOH-PINELLAS DEC. 4
- DON’T INVITE FOODBORNE ILLNESSES TO THE HOLIDAY TABLE
Each December, World AIDS Day is an opportunity to bring communities together in the battle against the disease, to show support to those who live with HIV and to remember those who’ve died from AIDS-related illness. Since 1988, it has created awareness about, and focused attention on, the worldwide effort to fight the stigma associated with HIV.
The Pinellas Planning Partnership, a community effort that includes the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County will celebrate World AIDS Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7, at the new Center for Health Equity, 2333 34th St. S., St. Petersburg. The event brings no-cost health screenings, giveaways, entertainment, speakers food. There will live radio coverage by The Beat 95.7-FM and its personality Queen B.More...
No events at this time
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals