October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and many facilities are offering mammograms at reduced rates to encourage women to be screened.
A reduced-rate mammogram may not always be the best option. If an issue is detected in a woman who is uninsured, there aren’t many options for further testing or treatment. A screening by a State of Florida program would provide more options if the patient is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- TIPS: For Safe and Healthy Trick-or-Treating
- Florida Teens Help Lead Statewide Movement Against Tobacco
- DOH Commends the Florida Department of Transportation for Complete Streets Policy
- DOH-Pinellas Free Flu Vaccinations at "Flu Boo" Event
- Celebrate Food Day on October 24th with Healthy Eating and Active Living
- Flu Vaccinations Offered to Employees
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County Will Be Closed For Veteran's Day
November 11, 2014
Popular Programs & Services
For Health care Professionals