Child Care Licensing
FL Dept of Health in Pinellas - Pinellas County Child Care Licensing Program
8751 Ulmerton Road, Suite 2000
Largo, FL 33771-3832
The following list of resources are provided as a convenience by Pinellas County Childcare Licensing Board.
The material that appears is for informational purposes only and the appearance of any organization or person is not intended as an endorsement by the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County.
This site uses links to other web sites in an effort to assist visitors in locating information on topics that might be of interest to them. The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by linked sites. Linking to a web site does not constitute and products presented on the site by any representative of Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County.
- 2-1-1 (Pinellas Helpline) 2-1-1 is Pinellas County's only 24-hour program that provides information and referrals on local health/human services, volunteer opportunities, donation referrals, and crisis intervention/problem-solving counseling for individuals. (Cell Phone users must dial 727-210-4211). 2-1-1 is now accessible to all-languages and TDD/TTY machines for the hearing impaired.
- ACEI The Association of Childhood Education International - promotes and supports the global community the optimal education and development of children, from birth through early adolescence, and works to influence the professional growth of educators and the efforts of others who are committed to the needs of children in a changing society.
- DCF -https://www.myflfamilies.com/services/child-family/child-care The Department of Children and Families, Child Care Services Program Office, is statutorily responsible for the administration of child care licensing and training throughout Florida. The purpose of this program is to ensure that children are well cared for in a safe, healthy, positive and educational environment by trained, qualified child care staff.
- ELC - http://elcpinellas.net/ The Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County is a not for profit planning and funding agency focused on early care and education. The goal of the Early Learning Coalition is to prepare all children to enter kindergarten ready to succeed. Additionally, the Coalition supports school age children in continuing academic achievement.
- Juvenile Welfare Board The Juvenile Welfare Board supports the healthy development of all children and their families in Pinellas County through advocacy, research, planning, training, communications, coordinating of resources and funding.
- Inspection Reports Pinellas County License Board monitors children’s centers and family day care homes in Pinellas for compliance with Licensing Regulations. Only routine and renewal inspections are placed on the website for public review. The complete public file can be reviewed in our office by appointment.
- NAEYC National Association for the Education of Young Children exists for the purpose of leading and consolidating the efforts of individuals and groups working to achieve healthy development and constructive education for all young children.
- NECTAC The National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center supports the implementation of the early childhood provisions of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Their mission is to strengthen service systems to ensure that children with disabilities (birth through five) and their families receive and benefit from high quality, culturally appropriate, and family-centered supports and services.
- NAFCC The focus of NAFCC is to provide technical assistance to family child care associations. This assistance is provided through developing leadership and professionalism, addressing issues of diversity, and by promoting quality and professionalism through NAFCC's Family Child Care Accreditation.
- Parent Education Resources Provides educational resources for parents and caregivers. (From the Cooperative Extension Service Web Site)
- Florida Department of Health in Pinellas Provides you with links to the different Divisions of the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County including Community Health, Dental Health, Communicable Disease Control, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health, Family Health Services, Management Information Systems, Pharmacy, the Office of Minority Health, WIC and Nutrition, and the proposed Chronic Disease Prevention Office.
- Pinellas County Schools The School System of Pinellas County
- Sunbiz The Florida Division of Corporations’ online information, research, and electronic processing service center. Here you can directly access the Division’s business entity, lien information, and image databases. You can also download and print copies of filed documents and forms to use when filing for a corporation or fictitious name.
- The Future of Children Promotes effective policies and programs for children by providing policymakers, service providers, and the media with timely, objective information based on the best available research.
- USDA The United States Department of Agriculture is committed to helping America's farmers and ranchers and also leads the Federal anti-hunger effort with the Food Stamp, School Lunch, School Breakfast, and the WIC Programs, is the steward of our nation's 192 million acres of national forests and rangelands, is the country's largest conservation agency, brings housing, modern telecommunications, and safe drinking water to rural America, is responsible for the safety of meat, poultry, and egg products, is a research leader and helps ensure open markets for US agricultural products and provides food aid to needy people overseas.
- Zero to Three National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families, disseminates key developmental information, trains providers, promotes model approaches and standards of practice and works to increase public awareness about the significance of the first three years of life.
Connect with DOH