Skip Global navigation and goto content

Child Care Licensing

FL Dept of Health in Pinellas - Pinellas County Child Care Licensing Program

pclb header with logo

How to Report Child Care Licensing Complaints 

Know Your Family Child Care Home Brochure and Know Your Child’s Children’s Center Brochure contain helpful information about the kind of care to expect for your child.  Child care providers distribute these brochures.

Anyone with a concern or complaint may call the License Board office. If your child is enrolled in a children's center or family child care home, share your concern with the center director or family child care home provider. Open, positive communication can resolve a small problem before it becomes a big problem.

If your complaints cannot be resolved by talking with the center director or family child care home provider, you may want to call the License Board and file a complaint.

Step 1 - Call the child care licensing office at 727-507-4857 to file a complaint against a licensed child care provider or to report unlicensed child care.

Please have ready the name and address of the family child care provider or the children's center. You may give your name or file the complaint anonymously.

Step 2 - Licensing staff will speak with you about your complaint. Be as specific as you can, including the dates, time of the problem, and the ages of children involved. A licensing specialist will determine if the problems you are describing are licensing violations. All licensing violation complaints are documented and will be investigated.