FL Dept of Health in Pinellas - Epidemiology
The Epidemiology program is responsible for the surveillance of reportable communicable diseases, other than TB, STD, and HIV/AIDS, including enteric diseases, vaccine-preventable diseases, invasive bacterial diseases, arthropod-borne diseases, and other diseases.Related Programs:
Health Professionals on the Team
- Investigate, intervene, monitor, and coordinate reporting of communicable diseases that occur in Pinellas County.
- Identify the source of an agent, identify the mode and time of transmission, identify other persons who may have been exposed, and institute prompt action to prevent the spread of disease.
- Provide education and consultation on infectious diseases to professional providers and community groups.
- Prepare, through education and training, to deal with potential threats from the use of biological weapons of mass destruction.
- Assist with studies to assess health risks associated with new emerging infectious agents.