Food Hygiene Program
It is the responsibility of Environmental Health to ensure that food service establishments regulated by the division are operated in a safe and sanitary manner to minimize the occurrence of food-related illnesses.
Environmental Health licenses and inspects food service operations in institutional and other facilities.
Food Facilities Included
- Adult Day Cares
- Afterschool Meal Programs
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Child Caring Agencies
- Civic Organizations
- Crisis Stabilization Units
- Detention Facilities
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
- Fraternal Organizations
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Movie Theaters
- Nursing Homes
- Private/Public Schools
- Residential Treatment Facilities
- Short Term Residential Treatment Facilities
- Transitional Living Facilities
Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County provides the required Chapter 66 Food Service Managers training for all Pinellas County licensed facilities. Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County also offiers food service employee training in the following:
- Food Service Managers courses are offered 2-3 times annually, call 727-538-7277 for class availability. Cost for managers course is $50.00 per person.
- Food Service Workers course is performed at your location, call 727-538-7277 to arrange for class. Cost is $10.00 per person.
- Plan Review / Licensing
- Regulation / Inspection
- Complaint investigations
- Manger and Employee Trainings
- Technical Assistance for New and Existing Establishments
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a permit?
Where can I see inspection results for a Health Department inspected facility?Follow these instructions.
Where can I find more information about the Florida Department of Health’s role in these facilities?http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/food-safety-and-sanitation/index.html