DOH-PINELLAS HIGHLIGHTS RECENT EFFORTS IN PROVIDING COVID-19 VACCINE
February 15, 2021
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas), in partnership with the
Florida Department of Health, Florida Division of Emergency Management and Pinellas County
Government, is providing COVID-19 vaccination sites.
To keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, DOH-Pinellas will continue to issue this update every week.
County health departments have an important role to play in administering vaccine. Here’s a summary of some of our top efforts this week:
- DOH-Pinellas’ Vaccine Equity Task Force met again with varied representation to identify potential sites and opportunities for vaccinations in underserved areas. As more partners are coming to the table, there will be more opportunities to vaccinate in underserved areas.
- During faith-based outreach events during Feb. 13-14, 904 residents were provided their first dose in Pinellas at two church locations.
- More than 100,805 Pinellas residents have received at least the first dose of the COVID- 19 vaccine. That represents 10.2 percent of the population.
- Publix and Walmart locations are scheduling Pinellas appointments at their pharmacies. With the advent of the federal pharmacy program, more locations in Pinellas will come on board.
- Second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine continued this week at four public distribution sites managed by the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas and Pinellas County Fire paramedic teams.
- Pinellas County Government, the Center for Health Equity, faith communities, the Hispanic Outreach Center and community volunteers in underserved areas of the county are partnering with DOH-Pinellas to protect the community.
DOH-Pinellas continues to fight to protect health and safety as the rollout of COVID-19 vaccine continues.
Residents 65 and older who got their first dose after booking through the CDR HealthPro portal should have already scheduled a second appointment time. To verify appointment times, log in to the patient portal: https://www.patientportalfl.com.
For up-to-date information on vaccine availability in Pinellas County, visit https://covid19.pinellascounty.org/vaccines/
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.