DOH-PINELLAS HIGHLIGHTS RECENT EFFORTS IN PROVIDING COVID-19 VACCINE
February 05, 2021
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas), in partnership with the Florida Department of Health, Florida Division of Emergency Management and Pinellas County Government, is providing COVID-19 vaccination sites.
To keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, DOH-Pinellas will continue to issue this update every week.
County health departments have an important role to play in administering vaccine. Here’s a summary of some of our top efforts this week:
• Provided vaccinations to more than 230 seniors from 16 predominantly African American churches in St. Petersburg during the weekend of Jan. 30-31. It was the second faith-based outreach in the area in January.
• DOH-Pinellas organized a Vaccine Equity Task Force with varied representation to identify potential sites and opportunities for vaccinations in underserved areas.
• More than 84,000 Pinellas residents have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
• This week, multiple Publix locations began scheduling Pinellas appointments at their pharmacies.
• The agency's director, Dr. Ulyee Choe, continues to inform the community via presentations at Pinellas Board of County Commission meetings. This week he also did a panel discussion via the web on vaccine health equity with other community partners. He is participating in a Facebook Live with Pinellas County representatives today, Feb. 5, to address public concerns.
• Second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine will begin next week at four public distribution sites managed by the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas and Pinellas County Fire paramedic teams.
DOH-Pinellas continues to fight to protect health and safety as the rollout of COVID-19 vaccine continues.
Residents 65 and older who got their first dose after booking through the CDR HealthPro portal should have already scheduled a second appointment time. To verify appointment times, log in to the patient portal: https://www.patientportalfl.com.
For up-to-date information on vaccine availability in Pinellas County, visit https://covid19.pinellascounty.org/vaccines/
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information about the Florida Department of Health, please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.