DOH-PINELLAS HIGHLIGHTS RECENT EFFORTS IN PROVIDING COVID-19 VACCINE
January 20, 2021
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas), in partnership with the Florida Department of Health, Florida Division of Emergency Management and Pinellas County Government, is providing COVID-19 vaccination sites.
In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, DOH-Pinellas will continue to issue this update every week.
County health departments have an important role to play in administering vaccine. Here’s a summary of some of our top efforts this week.
- Held a media op via Teams with Dr. Ulyee Choe, DOH-Pinellas Director, and Barry Burton, Pinellas County Administrator, to announce the rollout of the CDR Health Patient Portal on 1/7/21.
- Worked with Florida EM on vaccinations for first responders at the Center for Health Equity in St. Petersburg on 1/16/21.
- Vaccinated more than 500 congregants at Mt. Zion Progressive Missionary Baptist Church in St. Petersburg on 1/16/21.
- Now working with Pinellas County Government and first responders to provide 10,000 vaccines at four sites in Pinellas via appointments scheduled on the CDR Health Portal beginning Tuesday, 1/19/21, and continuing until the week of 1/25/21.
- Setting up vaccinations for Pinellas County School Board employees who are 65 and older at closed points of distribution now.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information about the Florida Department of Health, please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.