DOH-Pinellas STD Awareness
April 05, 2017
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas) provides confidential testing and treatment at STD clinics in its centers from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs. As of Feb. 28, 732 cases of chlamydia have been reported year-to-date in Pinellas.
The only way to know for sure if you have an STD is to get tested. Having had an STD doesn’t mean the person is immune from getting re-infected. Risky behavior after treatment means that the infection will return.
DOH-Pinellas has a list of frequently asked questions about STDs at http://pinellas.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/infectious-disease-services/std/STD-FAQs.html. People who are tested can choose to be notified via a text message if their test results are of concern.
These DOH-Pinellas centers have STD clinics that provide testing and treatment:
- St. Petersburg: 205 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. N. (727) 824-6900
- Pinellas Park: 6350 76th Ave. N. (727) 547-7780
- Clearwater: 310 N. Myrtle Ave. (727) 469-5800
- Mid-County: 8751 Ulmerton Rd., Largo. (727) 524-4410
- Tarpon Springs: 301 S. Disston Ave. (727) 942-5457
- For more information about the different programs and services offered at DOH-Pinellas, go to www.PinellasHealth.com or call (727) 824-6900. Follow us on Twitter @HealthyPinellas.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts. Follow us on Twitter at @HealthyFla and on Facebook. For more information about the Florida Department of Health, please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.