NO-COST SUMMER CLINIC SCREENINGS FOR STUDENTS BEGIN JUNE 17
|Jun 17 - Aug 13, 2019 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
The Pinellas school year is winding up, but it’s not too early for families in need to get a jump on next year by taking care of their child’s health screenings starting on June 17.
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas) is again offering its annual summer Back to School clinic services to students, kindergarten through grade 12, to prepare for the 2019-20 school year. Required forms are available to complete prior to arriving for your appointment.
Beginning on Monday, June 17, DOHPinellas’ school-based clinics will provide school, sports and well child physicals, including immunizations, at no cost for clients in need. Vision screenings, provided by Preserve Vision Florida, as well as assistance for glasses and exams (for qualifying clients) will be available. SERTOMA Speech & Hearing Foundation of Florida, Inc. will provide support to students who need additional hearing consultation and screening. The last day to receive services is Tuesday, Aug. 13.
The services will be provided at no cost by appointment only between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. from Mondays through Thursdays on a rotating schedule at the following locations:
• Pinellas Park High School Clinic: 6305 118th Ave N.
• Northeast High School Clinic: 5500 16th St. N.
• Gibbs High School Clinic: 850 34th St. S.
• Boca Ciega High School Clinic: 924 58th St. S.
For appointments, call (727) 824-6900 and select menu option 4. A parent or guardian must bring the child’s immunization record and accompany the child to receive services. If the parent is not present, consent must be obtained prior to receiving services.
All Pinellas children entering kindergarten on August 14 are required to present a school entrance physical, dated within one year of school enrollment.
DOH-Pinellas’ school-based clinics are a partnership with the Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County. The clinics provide services to students on campus during the school year and open to the community during the summer months.
- For children coming without parent/legal guardian please complete the Designation of Health Surrogate English/Spanish
- Kindergarten and Elementary School Physical (School Entry Health Exam Form)
- Middle/ High School Physical (Preparticipation Physical Evaluation)
- Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. 2019 Physical Fitness & Medical History Form
- School-Based Health Clinic Consent Packet
Event Starts: 8:00 AM
Event Ends: 2:00 PM